Ghost has a powerful visual editor with familiar formatting options, as well as the ability to seamlessly add dynamic content.
Select the text to add formatting, headers or create links, or use Markdown shortcuts to do the work for you - if that's your thing.
Rich editing at your fingertips
The editor can also handle rich media objects, called cards.
You can insert a card either by clicking the
+ button on a new line, or typing
/ on a new line to search for a particular card. This allows you to efficiently insert images, markdown, html and embeds.
- Insert a video from YouTube directly into your content by pasting the URL
- Create unique content like a button or content opt-in using the HTML card
- Need to share some code? Embed code blocks directly
<header class="site-header outer">
Working with images in posts
You can add images to your posts in many ways:
- Upload from your computer
- Click and drag an image into the browser
- Paste directly into the editor from your clipboard
- Insert using a URL
Once inserted you can blend images beautifully into your content at different sizes and add captions wherever needed.
The post settings menu and publishing options can be found in the top right hand corner. For more advanced tips on post settings check out the publishing options post!